Diocese of Helena
Outstanding Youth Award
On the occasion of the Diocese of Helena Catholic Youth Coalition Convention, the “Outstanding Youth Award” will be presented to two outstanding youth (one male and one female) from the Diocese of Helena.
Each winner will receive a $500 award, courtesy of our sponsors the Foundation for the Diocese of Helena. All nominees will be recognized and the two winners announced as a part of the CYC Convention, scheduled for March 27, 2021.
All nominations must be RECEIVED by March 8, 2021.
The Outstanding Youth Award is based on three criteria: Christian discipleship, service, and leadership.
Nominees should be active, at minimum, in their local parish activities (e.g. parish youth group). Other areas of life where nominees should be actively living out these three values may include the following: deanery or diocesan activities, school activities, athletics, work, community organizations, etc.
The requirements and award criteria are as follows:
- The candidate must be a Senior in high school.
- He or she must be from the Diocese of Helena and be in good standing in their parish, community, and school.
- He or she should be regularly present at both liturgy and the parish faith formation programs.
- Award winners will be selected based on three criteria: Christian discipleship, service and leadership.
To nominate a youth for the award, a youth minister and/or pastor from the youth’s parish faith community should:
- Application Form: Submit completed Outstanding Youth Award Application Form and supporting documents to OYYAM.
- Youth Minister Letter of Recommendation: The nominee’s Youth Minister, Director of Religious Education or other adult who is responsible for youth minister in the nominee’s parish must submit a written endorsement (300-500 words) that describes the nominee’s commitment to Christian discipleship, service, and leadership.
- Personal Statement: The nominee must submit a written statement (300-500 words) that answers the following question: What does “Christian Discipleship, Service, and Leadership” mean to you and how have you lived out these principles?
- Pastor Endorsement Form: Submit the Pastor Endorsement Form, which must be completed by nominee’s Pastor or Pastoral Administrator.
- OPTIONAL – Resume & 1 Additional Letter of Recommendation: In addition to the letter of recommendation from the youth minister, the nominee may submit one additional letter of recommendation from a non-related adult that describes the nominee’s commitment to Christian discipleship, service, and leadership. These may be from teachers, employers, members of the parish, etc. The nominee may also submit a resume.
Final decisions will be made by the Outstanding Youth Award Committee, an ad hoc group of individuals in our Diocese organized by the Manager of the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry. Only completed applications with all required supporting documents will be considered. Nominees may be contacted by phone for more information.
Please direct questions about the award to Kevin Molm at 406.389.7055 or email@example.com.
ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MARCH 8, 2021.
SUBMIT APPLICATION ONLINE (PREFERRED) (Application will be available soon.)
In extenuating circumstances, applications may be sent by mail to the address below. All materials must be RECEIVED by March 8, 2021. (Click here to download a .pdf application.)
Diocese of Helena
Attn: OYYAM – Outstanding Youth Award
PO Box 1729
Helena, MT 59624